Weekly Love: the one where the cherry blossoms are in full bloom
1. Blue skies and pink cherry blossoms on my daily power walk through Fulham. | 2. Turning to daily ice cold glasses of lemony peach iced tea after every walk. These Lipton cold brew tea bags are new in Sainsbury’s and while not as good as the old French Twinings ones that got discontinued they’re still quite good – I’ve also got a box of the mint ones to try so I’ll keep you posted! | 3. More fluffy cherry blossom, this time from our neighbours tree overhanging into our driveway in Kent. | 4. A super tasty salad lunch bowl of chermoula aubergine leftover from making my Chermoula Aubergine with Cucumber Pomegranate Salsa Bowls, muhmura dip from the So Vegan In 5 book I was given the other week (I don’t own any other vegan cookbooks and I’m not a vegan, but there are so many delicious looking ingredient recipes I want to make from it!) and some tabbouleh salad. | 5. Beautiful bright tulips for sale outside Parsons Green tube station. | 6. Pints and sloe gin & T’s in the pub garden.
- Food 52 has a great hack (if it works!) for juicing a lemon without cutting it (!)
- Kelly has put together a great Munich weekend guide.
- Kate has also put together a fantastic weekend guide, this time avoiding all the tourist traps in Venice.
- Paris? David has found *the* most amazing deli full of the best French made products.
- Okay, so I am now seriously considering cleaning out my oven with a power drill.
- Surprisingly, using cotton tote bags may actually be worse for the environment than plastic shopping bags.
- The Cupcakes & Cashmere team have put together a guide to *all* their favourite L.A. food spots.
- Salt + Wind have put together a super comprehensive history of tortillas in Mexico.
- Rachel has some great food photography tips for shooting brown foods.
- The Kitchn has put together the ultimate guide to save money on your food shop.
- Also, this writer talks about how actually having her groceries delivered saves her money. Since I started using Ocado every week, I’ve seen this too!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? The next two weekends after this one are going to be full throttle, with Easter and my best friend’s two day wedding, so I’m just going to have a quiet one at home and probably give the flat a good spring clean! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!