Weekly Love: the one where copies of my new cookbook arrived!
1. Copies of One Pan Pescatarian have finally arrived, and I can’t get over how beautiful it looks! Have you pre-ordered your copy yet? (ad) Just 6 more days to go! | 2. A preview of one of my favourite vegetarian salads in the book: Baked Gnocchi with Tomatoes, Basil & Marinated Mozzarella (pg 40) | 3. Sunset walks along the beach at Folkestone Harbour at low tide. | 4. Another book preview: Garlicky Moules with Tiny Pasta (pg 189)| 5. One of my favourite, seasonal recipes I’ve done for BBC Food: Indian Spiced Courgette & Pea Fritters with Mango Chutney Yogurt.| 6. A Chinese plum sauce inspired chicken and plum dish for dinner, a bit of a hybrid of this One Pan Chicken with Ginger & Apricots, and this Roast Chicken with Honey, Peaches & Thyme.
- I’m not sure how I feel about mashed potato salad, but it does actually look rather delicious?
- Chrome users? I’ve recently discovered this great new plugin that gives you a new recipe every time you open a new tab.
- Rachel has four great ideas for DIY cake stands.
- Food 52 have put together a brilliant guide to all the different ways you can make breadcrumbs – fresh or dried – at home without a food processor.
- They’ve also put together a great guide for keeping flies out of the house this summer. Is it just me or are they everywhere already this year?
- Why yes, I will be cooking my Rice Krispie Treats on the BBQ.
- Here is a great hack for opening stuck jar lids with duct tape.
- The Kitchn have but together a great post detailing the difference between sea salt, table salt and kosher salt. Does it annoy you too when they re-publish American recipes in the UK listing kosher salt which is not a thing here, too?
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? Once again I’m hoping to get some reading done (you’re following my book recommendations on my book Instagram, right?) and just chill out a bit ahead of next week which is set to be manic with the book launch!
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!