Weekly Love: the one that took place during an impossible heatwave
1. From me new over at BBC Food: Orange, Maple & Mustard Chicken Drumsticks with Homemade Coleslaw. | 2. Another newbie from me over at BBC Food perfect for summer eating: Tinned Mackerel Spaghetti with Lemon Chilli Breadcrumbs. | 3. One of my favourite things about this time of year: beautiful purple hydrangeas. | 4. A beautiful slice of Kentish gypsy tart at The Woolpack in Warehorne. | 5. A recipe from One Pan Pescatarian (ad) that was absolutely perfect during the heatwave: Spicy Cucumber & Silken Tofu Rice Noodles (pg 148). | 6. Vegan Watermelon Poke Bowls (pg 155), another one for when it is too hot to cook!
- Apparently we need to start watering our houseplants with club soda.
- Also: should we be protecting our hobs with car wax??
- Tomato water is a thing that I am totally here for.
- Food52 have shared the recipes for 6 mouthwatering DIY cocktail syrups to upgrade your at home drinks game.
- They’ve also got a few great tips for how to stop bread going stale on your countertop.
- Here is a great guide to all the different materials your kitchen pots and pans might be made of, and how to choose the best ones for you.
- I want one of these soup portion ice cube trays for my freezer now.
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? I’m hoping it will finally be cool enough to do a few bits and pieces in the kitchen – for example I’ve been testing some Korean Fried Chicken in the air fryer and I think I’m almost there – I can’t wait to share it with you guys!
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!