Weekly Love: the one full of book recommendations (and where I’m giving away one of my own!)
1. A wonderfully autumnal favourite from One Pan Pescatarian (ad) you can find on pg 54 – my Spinach, Egg & Mushroom Dutch Baby Pancake.| 2. And, if you still want meals that bring those sunshine vibes but are still packed full of autumnal ingredients, why not try my Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Hummus Bowls, which are on pg 104? | 3. Recommending the perfect autumn binge read if you’re into YA fantasy over on my book instagram Lilac & Ink. | 4. And another recommendation in that category from me that is out this October in time for Halloween (I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy!) check out my review of Kingdom of the Wicked here, and pre-order (ad) here!| 5. If you’ve not yet got a copy of One Pan (or you’d like one for a friend!) I’ve teamed up with Mirabeau wine to giveaway a copy of my book and a couple of bottles of their delicious Pure rose wine. You can enter here, but hurry – the giveaway closes tomorrow!| 6. And finally, a brilliant historical, feminist read if that is more your stroke, The Confessions of Frannie Langton. Very much with Alias Grace / The Corset vibes about a former slave standing trial for the murder of her white employers – grab a copy here (ad) before you watch the upcoming ITV adaptation, and check out my review here!
- Now I really want to host my own DIY sushi hand roll night.
- Having recently painted furniture for, and a room in our new house, these tips from professional decorators are worth bookmarking.
- These great culinary school tips are actually useful in home kitchens.
- Kelly has some great cosy decor tips for your living room.
- You know that really annoying thing where you read an American recipe and it calls for a store-brought item you just can’t get over here? This is how to make enchilada sauce from scratch.
- See also: how to mix pumpkin pie spice.
- As we’re all doing more staycations these days: The Everygirl’s guide to camping.
- Also: Ashley has all the best tips for planning meals while camping.
- The story behind this kickstarter cookbook campaign is really, really beautiful.
- Sad, because butter is amazing, but important in this new Covid age: 11 really good substitutes for when you’ve simply just run out of butter.
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? We’ve got some little things to do around the house this weekend – and, I can’t believe this is so exciting these days, I’m getting another hair cut!!!
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!