Weekly Love: the one where I’m giving away £100 of UberEats vouchers!
1. One of my Passover recipes for BBC Food that is actually delicious all year around: Matzo Brei, aka the Jewish answer to Eggy Bread.| 2. Another new BBC Food recipe perfect for your next better-than-takeway night: Honey Chilli Chicken. | 3. A recipe for the Greek-style dip you’ll want with all of your pre-dinner drinks this weekend, my Greek-style Whipped Feta and Herb Dip – click here for the recipe (ad).| 4. And, another from my book One Pan Pescatarian (ad), my Spring Pea Risotto with Fresh Crab, find the recipe on pg 208. | 5. Looking for those UberEats competition details? Step right on here (oh, and if you live in Canterbury, use the code RACHEL10 to get £10 off your first order! #ad)| 6. Fancy foraging this weekend? Find my Wild Garlic Pesto recipe here.
- It’s an old article, but this piece on how to know good tofu when you taste it (and how to locate it by reading the packaging) is useful knowledge.
- 7 fantastic tips to help you clean your air fryer because mine is a nightmare.
- So it seems to take longer but it would be great for big batches: how to cook hard boiled eggs, without water, in the oven.
- Food52 investigates if you can freeze potatoes.
- Who invented cupcakes, and the history of the first American cookbook.
- So, apparently you can sharpen the blades of your blender with old egg shells?
- And, totally dry a sourdough starter for storage?
- The photo in Yaya & Lloyd’s Yosemite guide are breathtaking.
- Still in the middle of doing ours, I loved reading about Rosie’s new kitchen design.
- The Kitchn have tested all the best ways to blind bake a pie crust.
- This essay on baked pasta, love, loss and Sunday sauce made me cry.
- Leslie has some really great tips for fitting in when you move to a new city.
- So, apparently you can improve a cheap bottle of red wine by blitzing it in a blender..?
- While I’ve usually snaffled them out their pods before they get anywhere near the kitchen, Aysegul has put together a great guide to blanching home grown or farmers market peas ready for freezing.
- Joy has created a one pan dinner recipe where you don’t have to chop anything and I’m so here for it.
- Our Travel Passport remind us why you should really, really be visiting Iceland. (You can find my Iceland post here, and my Blue Lagoon post here!)
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? Honestly, I’m just looking forward to everything opening up again on Monday!
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!