Weekly Love: the where we made a start on sunshine eating
1. Looking for a new way to enjoy fish at the end of the week? My Bloody Mary Prawns are now up with this sexy new photo at BBC Food – they’re delicious made, as in the picture with shelled prawns, but even better if you keep the shells on! | 2. Over on my book Instagram account, I’ve posted a possibly controversial review of one of last years top reads. | 3. Looking to get a head on meal-prep for the coming week? My Egg Muffins recipe comes in three flavours: Bacon & Kimchee, Smoked Salmon & Dill, and Mushroom & Spinach. | 4. One of my favourites from One Pan Pescatarian (ad) now the weather is changing: find my cosy Dhal Baked Eggs with Chickpeas on pg 90. | 5. Another fishy dinner idea from my BBC Food page: Fresh Salmon & Pea Fishcakes. | 6. Looking for a brilliant historical weekend read? I’ve also reviewed The Lady of the Ravens over on my bookstagram, and it is only 99p in the Kindle store at the moment! (ad)
- Lisa has put together a brilliant guide with everything you ever needed to know about Asian rice crackers.
- Jeanie and Jack school us on what exactly *is* nutritional yeast.
- They’ve also put together a great post with a mind boggling number of veggie taco topping ideas.
- Also, The Woks of Life have put together a great piece on MSG: what is it, is it safe, why people avoid it, how to use it and where to buy it.
- America? You need to get one of these cutting boards made out of recycled chopsticks.
- Forget wild garlic, I now want to go foraging for garlic mustard.
- New to Jewish cooking? Everything you ever needed to know about schmaltz.
- Need to debone some chicken thighs for a recipe, or because, like me you’ve been an idiot and defrosted the wrong type? The Woks of Life have a great step by step post with photos and a video to help out.
- Want to get started growing your own veg this year, no matter how small a space you’ve got? Here is a brilliant guide.
- Food52 has a corn on the cob cooking hack that I really wish I’d known.
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this long Bank Holiday weekend? I’m a bit gutted that the weather forecast is going to keep me out of the garden, but I’m hoping to be able to spend the weekend curled up with a good book, and finishing our re-watch of Line of Duty (things were getting *way* too confusing!) so we can catch up and enjoy the final episode!
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!