Weekly Love: the one where I ate the best roast chicken I’ve ever had.
1. Beautiful lunch at The Dog Inn in Wingham – full review coming next week, but I’ve posted some more snaps on Instagram. | 2. Another highlight from lunch at The Dog: this stunning butternut squash risotto that just looked like a big bowl of autumnal gold. | 3. This Pumpkin & Golden Beetroot Curry is one of my favourite winter warmers at the moment, and is one of my subscriber recipes for my newsletter ingredient – sign up here! | 4. Another delicious pumpkin recipe from ingredient, my Pumpkin Pasties! | 5. And from my brand new edition of ingredient, my Maple & Pecan Choux Buns. | 6. Honestly the best Sunday roast chicken I’ve ever had at The Duck Inn in Pett Bottom.
- Everything you need to know about buying fish and seafood at the supermarket – and some of it is quite scary…
- Kelly’s trip to Kraków has me planning a Polish city break asap. Also, Wroclaw.
- Le Creuset have launched a Harry Potter collection. This is not a drill.
- Jolene has done some fascinating research into old fashioned ice box fridges, and how they impacted peoples home baking habits.
- Everything you never needed to know about all the different types of baking fondant.
- I hearby decree all leftovers should be henceforth turned into these leftovers tacos.
- How to arrange charcuterie to look beautiful on a meat platter.
- Okay, so now I really want to make some garlic stock.
- The best salt substitutes out there, according to a recipe developing food scientist.
- 5 great alternatives if you don’t own a (big enough) roasting pan.
- On why water is the most versatile ingredient in your kitchen.
- Mark the change in the seasons with this lovely piece on what you can find at the Parisian markets at the moment.
- Nigella Lawson, in conversation with Alicia Kennedy. Also, Melissa Clark.
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? Aside from dinner out with friends it has been a long week so we’re going to have a quiet one and try to get some things done around the house!