Weekly Love: the one where I travelled and ate everywhere.
1. Stunning video down Stradun from Dubrovnik Old Town Walls in Croatia. | 2. Anchovy bruschetta and a Croatian beer at Ala Mizerija, a hidden little beach bar I can’t wait to share with you in my foodie travel guide! | 3. My favouritr Hugo Spritz before a swim in the Adriatic at the Buza Bar beach club. | 4. More bruschetta, this time topped with grilled sardines at The Standard Inn in Rye. | 5. A fantastic sharing spread at Cookhouse in Newcastle. | 6. And over at Macknade, my wildly popular recipe for Lemon & Poppy Seed Muffins made with these stunning Sicilian lemons is new online.
- Apparently we should all be freezing our tofu, and I’m so here for it.
- A brilliant essay on how halal lamb is bringing localism back into British lamb and mutton slaughtering practices.
- What living in Italy has taught Emiko Davies about our relationships with food.
- Food52 is getting you started growing your own beans: I always find French beans the easiest to grow, but I’m giving borlotti beans a go this year too!
- Mexican spirits you should probably know about, that are not tequila or mezcal.
- This is the actual difference between chicken stock and chicken broth, because we all blur the lines a little!
- Even though I don’t buy the stuff, these 16 great tips for amping up a jar of tomato pasta sauce in a pinch could equally apply to passata, and are also excellent.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what have you got planned for the weekend? I’ve got a packed one with my childhood best friend’s wedding and my mothers birthday, so I’m pretty sure you’ll find me on Monday morning ready to fall asleep, but happy to have spent a tonne of time with everyone I love!