While I do share a few shots on Instagram, I've never really properly shown any of you where I live in the middle of the Kentish countryside. Last Autumn when my super talented photographer friend Nicole stopped by for a girly weekend of dinner in Canterbury, catching up on our favourite TV shows together, long country walks and Ottolenghi dinners en-route from Los Angeles to Singapore, she shot a few photo sessions with me, some of the results of which you may have seen on social media. Stay tuned for a session we shot together in my kitchen (something else I've never showed you all!), but she has now published the photos she took her on the farm and on our walk through the surrounding countryside on her blog, if you fancy taking a look!
1. Treating myself to Design Love Fest's Honey Paloma at the end of a productive day writing and shooting. | 2. Using up some odds and ends from the fridge for lunch: leftover veal meatballs, coloured carrot sticks, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, lettuce and homemade garlic croutons from David Lebovitz' My Paris Kitchen. | 3. Plotting Mothers Day with The White Company over breakfast, snuggled up in a pair of their super luxurious bed socks. It's all so I can tell you all about their #treatmum campaign they're running this Mothers Day. To enter, take a photo of a White Company gift either at home or in store you'd like to give your Mum for Mothers Day. Share the image on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook page, making sure you include @thewhitecompany & the #treatmum hashtag, and 20 winners will be chosen at random on the 10th of March, and your Mum will receive the White Company gift you picked out for her! Good Luck! | 4. Yesterday I was in London talking all things Easter with the Hotel Chocolat team. They let me take a peek at their new cookbook out Monday, which I'm now rather excited about. It is full of fun and inventive savoury, as well as sweet recipes, as well as how to make my favourite White Chocolate Mashed Potato from their restaurant Rabot 1745. | 5. For the second instalment of my Borough Market #boxclever desk lunches column, I've put together this super easy, make ahead the night before recipe for Prawn, Mango & Coloured Carrot Vietnamese Salad Rolls. | 6. Crisp, blue Kentish country walks.
- Speaking of Nicole's Europe trip, her photos from Morocco and Spain are also stunning.
- I get asked a lot about different baking flours, so here is The Kitch's tip for baking wholewheat.
- Lucy's beautiful photos of brunch at No. 11 Pimlico Road in Chelsea have convinced me that it is a must visit brunch spot for the next time I'm spending the weekend in the city.
- I've had i am a food blog's Easy Oven Baked Sesame Chicken Thighs open in a browser tab since she posted it, I think it will be great with jasmine rice and Asian greens in coconut oil.
- I also have this salad from Anna Jones' new book open just for the salad dressing.
- Amy has put together a list of the dates and times of Leeds' food and farmers markets. Also, she's posted about her new adventures in bread making with the book I recommended her.
- Bri has put together an amazing list of apps she uses daily, in which I've found some gems.
- I must admit that I've become a little obsessed with Radio 1's Live Lounge covers recently. Maroon 5's cover of Pharrell's 'Happy' is pretty great, but I have literally no words to describe Ed Sheeran's cover of Christina Aguilera's 'Dirrty'. Just, wow.
- Bloggers? If you don't already, you need to know about Death To Stock Photo. (via Amy)
- Tania has thoughtfully found us the best hot chocolate in London.
- Sydney? Autolyse is about to become your new favourite breakfast spot. Also, the next time you're in the Byron Bay direction, you need to check out Harvest Cafe.
- America? The Kitchn has taste tested and ranked the butter you buy at the grocery store. Also from The Kitchn, 5 condiments that don't have to be refrigerated, contrary to the labelling.
- One of my favourite photography bloggers, Paris In Four Months visited London, and she's made our city look even more beautiful than usual.
- Something from the Borough Market blog and one of my fellow columnists, for the first instalment of his herb guide, I love Ed's Dill Buttermilk Pancakes with Smoked Salmon.
7. Kicking back with another cocktail, How Sweet It Is' Ginger Beergaritas. | 8. Hanging out with Hotel Chocolat, I became a little obsessed with their Raspberry Egglets made with their Supermilk chocolate. | 9. Spring is arriving on the farm. | 10. Relaxing in the bath at the end of a long week with my favourite L'Occitane lavender bath, Orange Blossom Jo Malone candle and a glass of Campo Viejo's pink cava. | 11. Hitting the healthy and Asian books for a last minute brainstorm for one of my upcoming Borough Market columns. | 12. Lunching on a kale and shittake frittata I made for a photography job.
- East Londoners? It is time to celebrate. Bleeker St. Burger has opened in Spitalfields.
- Along with some of my favourite cooks such as Kathryn from London Bakes and Donal Skehan, I've contributed to Pinterest's big breakfast roundup.
- Tracey made gluten and carb free pizza in ramekins. Oh my.
- Food 52 schools us in the art of what we Brits call de-glazing. Also, they have a great DIY post on how to make a terrarium, and just as importantly, how to keep it alive.
- Sophie's photos for What To Cook Tonight show my beloved Borough Market at its best.
- Kate traveled to Tel Aviv, and it looks like a food lovers paradise.
- 15 Beach Essentials Straight From Pro Surfers.
- I really love the imagery in Camille Styles' Spring Mixology Party post.
- 6 amazing free online courses to upgrade your business skills.
- Not sexy, but useful. Into The Gloss lists some of the best acne treatments you can sleep in.
- Heading to Coachella? Refinery 29 has you the best Airbnb rentals in Palm Springs.
- Great British Chefs teaches us all about rapeseed oil, something I'm starting to cook with.
- I'm surprisingly hooked on how some of my favourite bloggers organise their kitchens.
- The Glitter Guide teaches us how to take the perfect Instagram photo.
- Molly made all of her own wedding desserts and her cake, and as well as beautiful photos she's included some great tips in this post if you're looking to do the same.
- I can't wait to make Lark & Linen's Red Wine & Sausage Bolognese, a great classic.
- Lea has some fantastic tips on choosing gifts for people.
- This undercover piece on what exactly is in processed foods is frankly terrifying.
- The New Potato has shared Karlie Kloss's Karlies Cookie recipe.
- Food 52's Chilies 101 is super helpful. Bookmark it now!
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I'm off to Nottingham tomorrow to celebrate one of my very best friends birthdays, and just importantly for my first trip to Nottingham's famous Annie's burger. I'm stupidly excited about both!