This is a scheduled post, as I'm currently in the Dordogne with their tourism people doing all things French and foodie. Having spent all summer, every summer for a large chunk of my childhood in the Pyrenees, and currently having a home in Brittany, I adore France (and French food) but this region is a total first for me. So, enjoy these snapshots from back home and this lot of web links, and be prepared for (food filled) pitstop tour of many of the major and most historical towns in the region when I return!
1. The famous bright blue and yellow beach huts on Viking Beach, Broadstairs. | 2. Pomegranate & Honey Chicken Skewers on the barbecue from Diana Henry's A Bird In The Hand. | 3. Beautifully fragrant lilac in full bloom. | 4. Mixed sausage and salad box from The Devil's Pantry at Sandwich Food Fayre. | 5. Tulips and daffodils for sale outside Canterbury West Station at The Flower Station. | 6. Kent strawberries for sale on Deal High Street.
- Here is everything Molly ate and drank on Oahu (or: why I need to go to Hawaii.)
- Has anyone tried putting fish sauce in their vinaigrette before?
- Apparently, the best way to avoid other tourists in Venice is to catch the sunrise.
- Also, Rose's photos have secured Verona a place on my travel bucket list.
- More from her Italian road trip Portofino looks simply magical.
- Here are 7 great tips for taking viral food photos.
- These 10 commandments of Southern entertaining are things I think we should all adopt.
- Joy's Red Velvet Cake Cream Cheese Ice Cream seems like an excellent call for summer.
- I was facinated by these five surprising things Mani has learnt since moving to Japan. Also, her photos from Hitachi Seaside Park are fantastic.
- This is how you can re-heat a soft boiled egg.
- So, apparently the pavlova has a rather controversial history.
- Olivia spent a weekend in South London, and it is actually rather pretty.
- Carrie's guide to Anguilla has me hankering after a beach holiday, somewhere with palm trees.
- Also, I feel I could get into the whole music festival thing if I were in the Caribbean.
- This is how you make healthy chorizo. Out of turkey mince.
- The Glitter Guide has published a great travel cheat sheet to Marfa, Texas.
- Why have I never thought to bake a Dutch Baby Pancake like a Yorkshire pudding before?
- I want to become the kind of person who has coffee table books so I can justify a copy of Farmsteads of the California Coast.
7. Every flavour of doughnut imaginable from One In The Oven at Sandwich Food Fayre. | 8. Celebrating the first pool day of the summer with a giant inflatable pretzel, a gift from the team at Graze. Click through to find out how you can get your hands on one! | 9. Fishing boats on Deal seafront. | 10. Damson Bellinis from Mighty Fine Things at Sandwich Food Fayre. | 11. The first 99 Flake of the summer. (I say summer, because I may have snuck a Mr. Whippy in he spring, sans flake!) | 12. Grilling a batch of my Sticky Skinny Storecupboard Barbecue Chicken for dinner.
- This is how you infuse maple syrup with different flavours for your breakfast pancakes.
- Fashionista's tips on how not to get yourself in trouble at work using social media is designed for people in the fashion industry, but totally applicable to the rest of us too.
- They also have some great tips on how to dress for a summer job interview.
- Yes to Refinery 29's round up of the most shocking TV season finales ever.
- Also, there is a new Pretty Little Liars season 7 promo out. Get excited.
- So, apparently there is a difference between Thai and Vietnamese fish sauce.
- This is how you can spend (a foodie) 24 hours in Milan.
- Here are 11 great outdoor L.A. dining spots. (Though, I'd leave The Little Next Door off as I found it a little disappointing - go for Toast on West 3rd Street instead - and I'd add Blue Plate Taco in Santa Monica and TART in West Hollywood to the list, too.
- This couple had a magical Harry Potter themed wedding (Slytherin represent!)
- Here is the difference between salsa and pico de gallo.
- In other Mexican food news, here are 5 delicious salt rim recipes to up your cocktail game.
- Also, apparently mixing hot sauce into your beer is a thing.
- I'm so jealous that Claire stay-cationed at the Shangri-La. Did I mention that I was jealous?
- These photos make London look particularly beautiful. (via Jane)
- Because savoury breakfast are always the best, here are some of the most delicious from around the world.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? My next 72 hours are set to involve a visit to an ice cream factory, French markets, wine tastings, a vineyard visit and no doubt lots of fantastic French food. My first port of call for sharing my adventures is Instagram, so be sure to check me out (@missrachelphipps) to catch up on my Dordogne adventures so far, and follow along so you don't miss anything else!