I've been a massive Pinterest fan since the site was invite only way back when it was founded in 2010. So, I was really excited to find out that my Pinterest account, along with my blog post about how to make any delicious green smoothie is being featured along with the Hemsley sisters in one of Pinterest's new TV ads. You can check out the ad here, and as it is officially summer again I thought it would be a good opportunity to point you towards some of my sunshine boards to help you find seasonal inspiration: my Party! Party! board is full of ideas for summer gatherings, Life's A Beach will help you get prepped for your holidays, and Here Comes The Sun is just packed with summer bucket list inspiration. Get pinning!
1. Sipping Gin Mare gin and tonics on the terrace at Rocksalt in Folkestone. | 2. A strawberry and basil sabayon tart with micro basil and a sticky balsamic reduction for dessert when I took my Daddy for a Fathers Day lunch at The Good's Shed in Canterbury. | 3. Blue skies and poppies in the fields of East Kent. | 4. Seafood starters and more Gin Mare cocktails at Rocksalt. I took loads of photos at lunch, so look out for a full restaurant review and some gin inspiration on the blog next week! | 5. A fortifying Monday morning bowl of homemade granola, yogurt, berries and spinach with a big glass of orange juice. | 6. Sophie Mitchell's delicious Chicken Paillard with a honey, chilli and fennel marinade on the barbecue from her wonderful new book that I'm rather obsessed with, Chef on a Diet. I'm also really into griddling whole baby peppers and halved baby gem lettuces this summer, too!
- These are Emiko Davies' favourite eats in Florence.
- Megan took some frankly stunning photos of Australia's Bondi Icebergs.
- Also, his is how olive oil is produced on an estate in Australia.
- Here are 15 things to do when you're spending the weekend in York.
- Jeannie went wine tasting in the Rhone Valley.
- There is a pop up of the graphic designs done for the Harry Potter films in London right now.
- Los Angeles? The US Bank building has opened a glass slide on the outside of the skyscraper.
- Mani is on study abroad in Japan, and I want to eat everything she ate in May.
- In case you, like me, have just finished watching the new season of Orange Is The New Black (!) and had forgotten some of the finer points, this cheat sheet reminds us of how they all ender up in Litchfield (warning: spoilers ahead, so save this for after you've seen the finale!)
- Kristabel has found three inspiring areas of Lisbon that are worth a visit. Olivia has also put together a beautiful post packed with tips from their trip.
- Jacintha has found 9 healthy cafes, restaurants and juiceries in Los Angeles that all look delicious, none of which I have actually tried yet.
- Also, Angelenos? Bon Appetit have published Moon Juice's recipe for Pineapple, Cucumber, and Jalapeño Juice. It is my favourite of mine, and is sweet and refreshing with a lovely kick!
- Jane has written a really powerful piece on internalised racism, blogging, and her experience growing up and and blogging as a Chinese Australian. Also, her 'if cities were people' post is bang on.
7. Bright pink roses for the kitchen table to brighten up a gloomy day. | 8. Flowers and festive bunting outside The King's head pub on Deal seafront. | 9. Dreaming of caramel filled nougat at Sarlat Market. | 10. More from our Fathers Day lunch at The Good's Shed: roast duck breast on a bed of soft polenta with wilted greens and charred spring onions, paired with a raspberry tonic with fresh mint because I was driving as part of his treat! | 11. Settling down with Hotel Chocolat's summer Chocolates to Chill' H Box full of delicious truffles designed to be eaten straight from the fridge. The Raspberry Smoothie is my favourite so far, and they're a great treat when you fancy something sweet after dinner. Hotel Chocolat were kind enough to send me their whole summer collection, so keep an eye out for some more of their collection popping up over on my Instagram! | 12. Fattouch for lunch with heirloom cherry tomatoes, radishes and shredded baby gem lettuce.
- Rose's beautiful post has a great tip for avoiding sunset crowds in Santorini.
- If the sun ever shows its face again, a Fresh Peach Gin & Tonic seems like an excellent idea.
- Here are 5 ways to make better rice krispie treats.
- Ed has put together a list of his favourite modern British set lunches in London.
- If you've got a brunch coming up, you should make this Ricotta Berry French Toast Casserole.
- Briony went punting and for a picnic on the River Cam in Cambridge.
- Why some scientists think that some types of shellfish could be extinct in 50 years.
- Claire went to Mr Fogg's for a tipsy afternoon tea that looked utterly bonkers.
- An important read for all of us: what you should know about dating someone with a disorder.
- The Kitchn has put together a basic guide to chilling your red wine.
- Carrie has used her most recent outfit post to give an important message post-referendum.
- Lucy baked her own wedding cake. It is stunning, and she included some thoughts on marriage and overcoming anxiety around finding someone to share your life with along with the recipe.
- Conde Nast Traveller takes us inside the depot in Alabama where all of America's lost luggage ends up. They've also done a fascinating analysis on peoples lost luggage/ packing habits.
- Molly made human and chicken friendly birthday cakes for her hens. Because of course.
- Did you know that for a pickle to be considered a pickle in Connecticut it must bounce?
- The boys at Hand Luggage Only have put together a great one week itinerary to see the best of South Africa's Eastern Cape.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I think I'm just going to have a quiet one at home, but I'm very excited that next week I finally (it was actually rather difficult) have a table booked to eat at The Sportsman, the one foodie place in East Kent other food writers and journalists honestly can't believe I've never been to when I say where I live.