Weekly Love: the one where I do all the golden-hued autumnal things
1. Welcoming in autumn with stunning, golden, Kentish sunsets. | 2. Making use of the glut of chillis our gardener gave us by making a simple, but delicious chilli sauce. Recipe here. | 3. Enjoying all of the autumn colours with my 5-ingredient Moroccan-style Veggie Traybake on BBC Food.| 4. A little bit of weekday recipe testing with a vegan watermelon poke bowl. | 5. Having a discussion about where our produce comes from and how what we eat in the city impacts rural communities over on Instagram. | 6. Revisiting my surprisingly controversial £1 Biriyani recipe for BBC Food.
- Food 52 has some great tips for rescuing a dish that is too salty or too spicy.
- Lindsay has put together a great guide to Dubrovnik.
- Eric has written a brilliant piece on the joys of visiting bars solo. I do it all the time.
- Rose has some great tips for a staycation in St Mawes, Cornwall. She’s also found a great local dining experience out on the water in a fantastic, floating private restaurant.
- Emiko has put together a brilliant, comprehensive guide to making spaghetti con le vongole.
- Julia has shared all her photos from her trip to Positano and it looks truly magical.
- So apparently to get perfect udon noodles you need to tread on them.
- David talks a little about the new trend of champagnes being made specifically to serve over ice. I’ve tried a fair few of them at home in France, and honestly, I find them a bit too sweet.
- Salt & Wind have put together a great 24 hour guide for Bologna.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m really excited as I’m doing my birthday present from my parents tomorrow, and I’m off to an oyster masterclass! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!