Weekly Love: the one mostly spent with my head in a brilliant book
1. Big family Sunday roasts down in Kent. | 2. Treating myself to a bit of Halloween-themed sushi. | 3. Dreaming of my Ham, Egg & Spinach Dutch Baby Pancake, the recipe for which you can find over at BBC Food. | 4. Still engrossed in Sarah J. Mass’ A Court of Thorns and Roses (ad) series – you can find my mini-review over on my Instagram! | 5. Enjoying an incredible guest chef evening with Will Devlin from The Small Holding (read my review here!) at my favourite pub, The Compasses Inn (you can read about their last guest chef evening with Russell Norman here) with legends Scott Hubble and Rob Taylor in the kitchen – you can see everything we ate in my highlights! | 6. Rob’s incredible dessert from the evening, a chocolate macaroon with a luscious chocolate and salted caramel centre.
- The Cupcakes & Cashmere team have some great tips for making pizza at home.
- Also, they’ve run through which Glossier products are actually worth ordering.
- America? Chungah has managed to make an entire Thanksgiving dinner for 6 people on just two sheet pans. It looks amazing, and she’s shared the recipe / method / process.
- Grace has some great tips for planning travel adventures on Instagram.
- This is how to make your own panko breadcrumbs at home.
- Apparently you can deep fry imitation crab sticks into crackers. My mind is blown.
- The Kitchn have some great tips for throwing a modern potluck, and now I want to, too.
- Food 52 schools us on everything you ever wanted to know about deep frying a turkey. Okay.
- Yaya and Lloyd have put together a list of their favourite things to do in Jerusalem.
- Okay, I want to have a weekend away in Landmark Trust property.
- Kelly has some great tips for styling a gallery wall.
- Also, she’s found us some beautiful little Cornish villages to explore (I’ve shared all my favourite places to stop for a stunning view along that same stretch of coastline here!)
- This is why you should never store unopened wine in your kitchen.
- Also: I need a brown sugar saver in my kitchen.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m having a quiet one this weekend, as I’ve pretty got plans right up until Christmas at the weekends from next weekend out, so I want to get the house ready for having guests over the holiday period (I’ve already got friends coming for a small Christmas and board games gathering I can’t wait to make all the adorable party food for!) For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!