Weekly Love: the one where everything was covered in a blanket of snow
1. One of my favourite recipes I’ve written for BBC Food: Potato Hash with Tomatoes, Pepper & Kale. | 2. And one of my new favourites: Hot Harissa Tuna Pasta. | 3. Fancy mixing your lunches up a bit? From my book One Pan Pescatarian (ad) why not try my Coconut Curry Zoodles with Asian Greens & Silky Tofu on pg 82. | 4. Or, for dinner, my Slow Cooker Ramen on pg 85? | 5. Exclusive to Instagram, have you seen my recipe for Scampi Po Boy Sandwiches yet? | 6. This time of year is all about comfort food so I’m so pleased to see so many of you making the Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Shells in Tomato Sauce on pg 50.
- This helpful post schools us on everything we ever needed to know about soy sauce, including differences between all the different types.
- Setting up my new kitchen, I found this post on kitchen organisation hacks you can steal from restaurant kitchens really helpful.
- Pinterest business users? Here they explain all the changes they have recently made to their analytics reporting metrics.
- This is the difference between raisins, sultanas and currants.
- In case you’ve ever wondered, this is how to make clotted cream yourself at home.
- The history of sourdough starters and the California gold rush is fascinating.
- This method for making egg salad without needing to peel any eggs is both so obvious, and so mind blowing.
- This is how to make black garlic yourself at home.
What have you been finding small pockets of joy in this week, and what have you got planned this weekend? I think I’m going to make this weekends baking project Hot Cross Buns, and I’m really looking forward to The Compasses Inn’s at home Valentines Day dinner on Sunday!
For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook reviews, and other updates! Stay safe!