Weekly Love: Week 207
I’m off to Manchester this weekend, but if you’re staying in London and you’ve not already been, can I recommend that you head on down to the Sir John Soane’s Museum? Located just of Lincoln’s Inn Fields this amazing Georgian townhouse (the country’s smallest National museum) is stuffed to the rafters with things like Greek vases, Roman grave markers and an Egyptian King’s sarcophagus that the neo-classical architect collected on his Grant Tour – I went yesterday, and it was a wonderful place to while away an hour hiding from the temperamental early-autumn weather. It is free to visit, but barely any of the artefacts are labelled so while there are curators on hand in every room it might be worth investing in one of the £3 guide books.
1. Taco Tuesdays at El Pastor in Borough Market. | 2. Beautiful crystal blue water at the beach in St. Malo, Brittany – lots more of my travel snaps to follow! | 3. Parma Violet and Kinder Egg Gelato from Sanchez in St. Malo. | 4. Chocolate raspberry cheesecake to round off a lovely pub lunch at The Gatekeeper in Etchinghill. | 5. Weeknight burgers, pizza and red wine at The Royal Oak in Twickenham. | 6. One of the best dishes I’ve had in London for ages: schnitzel pork chop topped with bonito mayo, chilli oil, rocket, lightly pickled cucumber cubes, and the most delicious and curious pickled shimeji mushrooms at Lupin’s in Borough.
- Bookmarked for next summer: this is the only way we should barbecue steak from now on.
- I love how many awesome festivals Sydney have, and my latest love is this kite one.
- There is a new Margaret Atwood adaptation coming to Netflix in November: Alias Grace.
- Loving this Masterchef Junior spoof with James Cordon, Gordon Ramsey and some toddlers.
- Yaya and Lloyd have crowdsourced the most amazing Vienna restaurant guide. Also, they have put together the ultimate guide to visiting Iceland – I want to go back!
- I’m linking you to this elderflower cordial recipe as these free printable jar labels are adorable.
- Here are Julia’s five favourite spots to see the fall foliage across the USA.
- Lucy has taken some of her beautiful (signature) colourful photos for Old Town Geneva guide.
- Jane took some beautiful photos in Moscow. (Part 2)
- Lindsay writes about how starting a dinner club changed her life (I am part of a brunch club and I can totally vouch for everything she says), and gives tips on how to start one.
- Sonja and Alex have some great tips for starting a cookbook club – once I’m no longer sharing a kitchen with flatmates I want to start one! (The Kitchn have also shared some suggestions).
- Kate spent the day in Los Angeles doing one of my favourite things in the world: meandering between Venice Beach and Santa Monica. (you can see all my L.A. tips here!)
- Also, Camille has posted her ultimate Malibu travel guide – I must spend more time there!
- Rose has the low down of where to eat on the Greek island of Meganissi.
- Also, photos from Katy’s trip to Syros still have me hankering after a Greek holiday.
- I always buy big, cheap bags of baby pak choi in Chinatown – here are 10 ways to cook it.
7. A fantastic breakfast-for-dinner situation with Le Creuset – more pictures to follow soon! | 8. My favourite Breton galette (creamy leeks and scallop stuffed) at my favourite Brittany restaurant: La Cour du Temple in Combourg. | 9. Sunshine filled walks at the foot of Chateau Combourg. | 10. My first ever Chinese Hot Pot experience in Chinatown. | 11. A trip to a Bedfordshire chilli farm with spicy soft drinks brand Nix & Kix – again, more photos to follow! | 12. Sharing some of my kitchen tips in Waitrose Food alongside Thane Prince and Jamie Oliver.
- Kristabel has put together a lovely 72 hour guide to Budapest. Carrie also posted some tips.
- A fascinating behind the scenes look at the current agave (and tequila) crisis in Mexico.
- This professional Instacart shopper has some fantastic tips for doing your weekly food shop.
- Fashionista sits down with Emily Weiss to talk all things Glossier and Into The Gloss.
- Amy has made the Green Eggs & Ham from Student Eats and recommends it to new parents.
- Rose’s photos from dinner at Temper in Soho has me craving all the meat.
- Emma has some great tips to extend the shelf life of your cut flowers.
- Instagram influencers: here is everything you need to know about the new sponsored content tagging and how to use it to comply to ASA guidelines. (via Kristabel)
- Here were all of Bri’s favourite things to do travelling through Italy.
- Emily has written a great piece about learning to open up about herself on social media. Also, she wore the same outfit everyday for a week and it is interesting how it made her feel.
- America? Elsie has put together a handy guide for estate sale shopping online.
- This art exhibition in a cemetery is both creepy and awesome.
- Elodie tells us how to spend 48 hours in Marseille. Also, she has put together a French girl’s guide to French pharmacy beauty products.
- Here is what Jessica from How Sweet Eats feeds her family for a week.
- Having been through this too, here are 5 signs you’re outgrowing your job.
- Gross but necessary: a (medical) experts guide on squeezing pimples responsibly.
- Jacintha has a great guide to seeing Australia’s East Coast without a car.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m off to Manchester for the first time, so if you have any foodie recommendations do let me know! For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month (yes, that means this weekend) packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook reviews, and other updates.