Weekly Love: the one where I figure what to do with a tray of 35 nectarines
1. Beautiful English lavender in Bishops Park. | 2. 35 beautiful, ripe Spanish nectarines for £3 (!!) from North End Road Market – we’ve eaten a load, given some away, made jam and there is even a nectarine and brown sugar shrub (using this guide) going in the kitchen. | 3. Fantastic nacho coated chicken by temper for Action Against Hunger at Taste of London – a full post of everything we ate coming soon! | 4. The very best thing we ate at Taste of London (which also won best in show): Hoppers’ 42 Hour Roast Goat Roti. | 5. Exploring the tropics in the temperate house at Kew Gardens. | 6. Enjoying an incredible ‘Buzz Lightyear’ flavoured homemade gelato (parma violet with chocolate coated popping candy pieces) at Fabio’s in Hitchin.
- Yaya and Lloyd have been exploring Jerusalem and now I really want to go! (Part 2)
- Also, they’ve got some great tips for if you want to visit Vatican City.
- Jess’ London food guide is quite excellent if you’re visiting (you can read all of my reviews here!)
- David Lebovitz shares all of his new favourite places to eat and drink in Paris.
- I properly went down the internet rabbit hole with this list of forbidden places in the world that no one can visit (though settle down with a cup of tea – there are way more than the 20 advertised!)
- This is such a clever tutorial for creative a palm tree out of pineapples for a party food table.
- The Kitchn have a few great tips for making even better homemade lemonade.
- I’m terrible at maths, but this is what you need to know about adapting cake recipes to fit your cake tins.
What have you been enjoying this week, and what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m going to a creative writing write in tonight, but then after that having a pretty lazy one. For more like this, don’t forget to sign up to my monthly newsletter (and get my free Quick & Easy Weeknight Recipes eBook) which hits your inboxes on the first Sunday of each month packed full of seasonal eats, mini cookbook and restaurant reviews, and other updates!